Friday, February 3, 2012

Kids say the darndest things!



It's true! Kids DO say the darndest things.

Especially mine.

Last week a friend and neighbor of mine came over to visit for a few minutes. I love this girl, so I was happy to see her, but a little bit embarrassed about the state of my house. It was a Monday, which is laundry day around here and my washer and dryer are attached to my family room, so any time I do laundry huge piles of clothes fill up the tiny room. I quickly guided her in the kitchen to get away from the mess only to find that I STILL hadn't done the dishes from the night before. I quickly started doing them as we chatted but to my dismay my kids started doing their typical, 'I'm going to show off for the neighbor routine'.

This routine usually involves things like running around like crazies, jumping off of things, talking gibberish ...you get the point. After she left I pulled Thais aside and our conversation went like this:

Me: Thais, honey, it embarrasses Mama when I have friends over and you and Skyler decide to act a little crazy

Thais: I'm sorry mom. We just get really excited.

Me: I know, but you weren't listening to me when I asked you to calm down and it makes it so I don't want to have people over.

Thais: (picture her now a little upset with her hands on her hips) Well you know what embarrasses us mom?

Me: No. What?

Thais: This house! This place is a DISASTER and that's embarrassing too!

Touche!

Good thing I adore this little fire cracker of mine!

4 comments:

  1. So hilarious. I'm sure your friend felt a little grateful to see your house a disaster-- I know I feel like someone loves and trusts me when they let me into a messy house. And I ONLY allow friends into my most messy of messes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha ha! Will be getting the chance to see your little firecracker next weekend? We are so excited! And just so you know...McRae is right on her heels with his smart alec ways. I wish I could blame that all on Brian! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha-that is so funny! By the way I love your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That girl is something else!! Love her! I can totally picture the hands on the hips and everything:)

    ReplyDelete