Monday, May 7, 2012

Gracie's Poem



  It has become a tradition to write a poem for all of my babies and last night I wrote one for our Gracie Lou Who (this became her nick name last Christmas while reading the Grinch). So it's not much but here you are my Gracie girl!
                           
Amazing Grace
My sweet baby you are your name,
soft and tender; a heart so tame.
I think our eyes are just the same.
My amazing Grace.


You watch your siblings with quiet wonder,
never flinch when they yell like thunder.
Love those chairs that you fit under.
My amazing Grace.


Your smile can turn the darkest frown,
Your words of “mama” – the sweetest sound.
You love those tickles up-side-down.
My amazing Grace


You’ve got long legs and fingers too,
don’t grow too fast my little “Who”.
Stay in my arms where I want you.
My amazing Grace


Time marches at a steady pace,
My heart takes pictures of your face.
Big or small you’ll be my Grace.
My amazing Grace!






No comments:

Post a Comment